Massachusetts Department of Public Health
67 Forest St.
Marlborough, MA 01752
Telephone: ( 617) 573-1600
Rocco V. Morando Building
6610 Busch Blvd., P.O. Box 29233
Columbus, Ohio 43229
Phone: (614) 888-4484 Fax: (614) 888-8920
Step 1: Training Profile
- Create a profile online:
- Massachusetts only providers: massemt.org
- Massachusetts/NREMT providers: nremt.org (including MKI)
NOTE: For assistance with either www.nremt.org or www.massemt.org, contact the NREMT help desk at 614-888-4484, option 2.
- Affiliate with your EMS agency:
- If unaffiliated (and non-NREMT): select unaffiliated based on your region
- Enter all of your training hours:
- By February 15 to ensure you receive your MA certification by APRIL 1.
- Past credit available at: mass.gov/dph/oems (under Online Services)
Entering Old Massachusetts Recertification Standard on MASSEMT.org
- Submit training hour application & profile fee
- Massachusetts only providers: $20 BLS / $25 ALS
- Massachusetts/NREMT providers: $15 BLS / $20 ALS
Step 2: Profile Review
Your agency Training Officer will review your training profile for accuracy and document the proficiency of your skills.
If an ALS provider, your agency Medical Director will also review your training profile for accuracy and document the proficiency of your skills.
If unaffiliated (non-NREMT), you will be contacted by the state EMS office for a review of your records.
Step 3: State Application
Go to the friendly URL: www.mass.gov/dph/oems/elicensing. Find your account based on your SSN and birthdate.
Review your information for accuracy, answer questions, and submit recertification fee using credit card / e-check.
After submission you will receive your new certification card in the mail within 2-3 weeks.
For more information on these classes or to inquire about other programs, please contact our office at 413-528-3632 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.