The AARP Smart Driver Course, endorsed by AARP Driver Safety, is the nation’s largest classroom and online driver safety course and is designed especially for drivers age 50 and older.
The participant will learn:
- Important facts about the effects of medication on driving.
- How to reduce driver distractions.
- How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car.
- Proper use of safety belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes and new technology found in cars today.
- Techniques for handling left turns, right-of-way, and roundabouts.
- Age-related physical changes and how to adjust your driving to compensate.